Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween - the highest of holy days

As Claire so aptly puts it, Halloween is the highest of holy days for me.

To know and love me is to understand my deep love of sugar. I think it stems from having sugar limited as a kid. Lesson learned, Mom; so I allow my kids to eat a ton, that won't backfire on me, right? As a result, all Sarah does is ask for treats ALL THE TIME. Yes, Mom, karma is a bitch.

I also love Halloween because there are no gifts to buy and if you're a slacker when it comes to costumes like I am, very little prep needed. We make a big pot of soup, buy an assload of beer and I stay up most of the night posting pictures and crushing the kids' Halloween score. I consider eating their candy my payback from the teething years. I have to protect those teeth and gums I heavily medicated with Advil, right?

So yes, I am that Mom who tells the kid what piece of candy to pick. Happy Halloween!

1 comment:

  1. Good to see you guys blogging. Especially fun to read 3 glasses of wine in.

    Kate Sinclair

    ReplyDelete