Saturday, November 26, 2011

It's the little things, ya'll

I hosted for Thanksgiving. Which is why I am just getting a chance to write this.

I am fortunate enough that the big things that I'm thankful for have become mainstays: great husband, wonderful family, good health, happy kids, etc.

So it's the little things that I'm thankful for:
1. The free Starlight peppermints that are at the front desk at the gym. I like that after I brutalize myself with spin class or body pump that I can have a free piece of candy.
2. NickJr. When I need a minute (or an hour, or a day) I know the kids are counting and learning commercial-free.
3. First cup of coffee each day.
4. First glass of wine after the kids' bedtimes.
5. Top Chef. I can be productive for the two hours between the kids' bedtimes and Top Chef. Once Top Chef comes on at 10pm I can then feel very justified drinking wine and eating cheese for the next hour.
6. That I learned two Parks family recipes: crab soup and oyster stuffing. I know them and Jeremy and his sisters don't so I can sell the information to them later in life.

I know there are way more than six but I need to go break up a Pokemon fight between the kiddos that is getting a little violent.

No comments:

Post a Comment